More info for the Minnesota Library Association conference is up:
- Pricing--They haven't started taking registrations yet, but you can see they don't have a student registration rate, so exchanging volunteer hours for free registration is a great bargain (not to mention networking opportunity, etc.). Volunteer info is below.
- Agenda with "At a Glance" or complete session info options. Note that I've been told the Wednesday night "Killer Cocktails" Readers Advisory Round Table happy hour would be a great place for us to gather as a student group.
- Conference hotels--Note that these are not required, just options, and there are a million choices in Canal Park or downtown that would be appropriate. Our student group can help match you with a roommate if you want to save some money that way. Similarly, I'm happy to help arrange carpooling.
- For a single day of free registration, the following volunteer requirement must be met: Wednesday (2 hours), Thursday (3 hours), and Friday (2 hours). Volunteer opportunities include: introducing session speakers, staffing registration table, and more.
- In order to receive the entire conference registration free (all three days), students must volunteer for seven hours, broken down as above.
- Students wanting free conference registration must be members of MLA. This is still a bargain because a student membership is only $25.
As always, let me know if you have questions about anything, and I'll do what I can!