Apply Today for ALA Student-to-StaffApplications for ALA's Student-to-Staff program are now open! The Student-to-Staff program is an opportunity for 40 ALA student chapter members from across the country to attend the ALA annual conference for free. St. Kate's ALA student chapter, via our faculty advisor, can nominate one person for the program. In exchange for working four hours a day (or a total of 20 hours), students in the program receive free conference registration, housing, and a per diem for meal expenses (students are responsible for transportation to/from the conference) at the 2016 ALA National Conference in Orlando.
Who is eligible?Any student who applies for the nomination from St. Kate's should be:
- An active member of the St. Kate's ALA student chapter
- A student member of ALA nationally (you can sign up online) through the conference;
- Available to secure transportation to and attend the full conference, June 23-28, 2016 in Orlando, FL; and
- Willing to write up your experience on the ALA student chapter blog
How do I apply?Application is made by short essay, emailed to the ALA student chapter faculty advisor, Sarah Park Dahlen (email@example.com). The essay should be approximately 250 words (one page) and address the following:
- Your active participation in the ALA student chapter at St. Kate's;
- Your demonstrated leadership skills;
- A clear picture of what you hope to achieve by attending the conference, particularly in the volunteer activities; and
- How you will use your participation to promote and improve St. Kate's MLIS program.