Who is eligible?
Any student who applies for the nomination from St. Kate's should be:
- An active member of the St. Kate's ALA student chapter
- A student member of ALA nationally (you can sign up online);
- Available to secure transportation to and attend the full conference, June 27- July 2, 2013 in Chicago, IL; and
- Willing to write up your experience on the ALA student chapter blog
How do I apply?
Application is made by short essay, emailed to the ALA student chapter faculty advisor, Sarah Park (sp...@stkate.edu). The essay should be approximately 250 words (one page) and address the following:
- Your active participation in the ALA student chapter at St. Kate's;
- Your demonstrated leadership skills;
- A clear picture of what you hope to achieve by attending the conference, particularly in the volunteer activities; and
- How you will use your participation to promote and improve St. Kate's MLIS program.
Deadline to apply: Midnight, Wednesday, November 14, 2012.