Learn about the Alphabet Forest here: http://www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/fair_alphabet.html
What we're planning to do is have one day (which hasn't yet been set by the State Fair volunteer coordinator) where the Alphabet Forest is staffed entirely by St. Kate's LIS students, and possibly with St. Kate's Education students as well. We'll wear our St. Kate's LIS t-shirts and ALASC buttons (if you're a member). In exchange for your volunteer time (around 2-3 hours, I think), you get free state fair access for the rest of the day!
If you think you MIGHT be interested, please let me know now, and I'll keep you in the loop as this develops. You do not have to be an ALASC member to participate, so invite your LIS friends!
Other things we talked about doing around this, once we have a date, are:
- Making flyers to post around campus
- Writing an article to promote it in the campus newspaper, The Wheel
- Highlighting the day in Kateway
- Releasing a media advisory to local media about our program's involvement
- Promoting the day specifically to student parents at St. Kate's
Thanks, and let me know if you have questions!